Terms and Conditions of service and use of website updated 23/06/2018
1. All site content is for information purposes only and should not be considered as dental or medical advice. Such advice can only be provided in a consultation following a comprehensive examination, discussion and radiographs.
2. The information contained in this site should not be regarded as comprehensive data. Brisbane Smile Boutique, East Brisbane Dentists, directors, employees or any other related party denies any liability regarding any treatment undertaken in reliance on the information contained in this site.
3. This disclaimer is provided without prejudice.
4. Brisbane Smile Boutique, employees or any other related party denies any liability to anyone whatsoever for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information contained in this website or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
5. This site has links to other websites. Whilst providing the link, this site and Brisbane Smile Boutique makes no representations as to the accuracy and electronic safety of the links or any information that they may contain. Brisbane Smile Boutique has not and cannot review all material made available through websites linked or linking to any part of this site. Brisbane Smile Boutique do not endorse nor is it affiliated with any third-party website. Brisbane Smile Boutique bears no responsibility or liability for any content accessed or harm caused from any third-party website.
6. Brisbane Smile Boutique advise that all dental procedures contain certain risks to the teeth and jaws and can also affect general health or lifestyle. Furthermore, procedural complications may arise that may vary the course of treatment.
7. Photographs you see on this site or any other material from Brisbane Smile Boutique are an indication of results, but may vary between cases, and may not be appropriate or suitable for all individuals.
8. We advise that the procedures described on this site may not be suitable for all patients. A consultation including comprehensive examination, charting (item codes 011,012, 014, 015) and left and right bitewing x-rays (item code 022 x 2) which are less than a year old, and provided or taken in digital format, and OPG x-ray if requested, are the only means of determining an individual treatment plan.
9. All professional fees and costs are an indication only until comprehensive examination; fees may change, and may vary from patient to patient. Fees apply based on professional dental service item codes, used by dentists in Australia, and reflect the experience, education and calibre of the dental clinicians, experienced staff costs, overheads, materials and time. Brisbane Smile Boutique is a privately owned dental practice run by a dentist and is set up independent of other corporations and companies. There is no private agreement with health fund insurance companies, as to professional item code fees per service provided, and whilst Brisbane Smile Boutique does provide the convenience of the Hicaps service, fees are set independently of private health fund insurance companies, and a gap payment is required for all services provided by dental clinicians, at the time of the service, which means that private Health Insurance pays a benefit for your dental treatment, and our practice fees require payment of the “gap” amount – that is, the difference between the cost of your treatment and the insurance rebate received. To make use of the Hicaps facility you must have your current and valid health fund card with you on the day of your appointment, and you must be covered for dentistry on the day of your treatment.
10. Health Fund Rebates or Medical Expenditure Tax Rebates are not guaranteed by us and should be confirmed with the relevant fund, tax agent or the Australian Taxation Office.
11. This site and all the information here within is designed to help you make decisions about treatment only. As with all medical procedures, Brisbane Smile Boutique urges you to seek a second opinion.
12. Before any treatment is undertaken at Brisbane Smile Boutique, a full diagnosis and individual treatment plan outlining costs and item codes and descriptions of treatment will be given to all patients undertaking treatment, aside from emergency patients, who require urgent dental care for pain relief. If you are unsure or have any questions about the treatment plan please contact reception, Dr Leila Haywood and/or Dr Amy Daley directly to discuss the matters before accepting the treatment plan proposed, and commencing treatment. Our dentists would be more than happy to go over any treatment plan with you, and endeavour to present information that can be understood. Brisbane Smile Boutique's' website is an information starting point, and does not provide or replace individual general, cosmetic or medical-related advice that you can and must receive from your dentist. This website and its blog may include information which is applicable only based on a specific set of facts. Use of this website does not create an official relationship of any kind between the user and Brisbane Smile Boutique. If you are in need of general or cosmetic dentistry, or medical advice and support, seek out a qualified medical and / or dental professional and do not rely solely on Brisbane Smile Boutique' website for this information.You understand that material made available by Brisbane Smile Boutique is a product of both a business and community effort and may not necessarily represent the views of Brisbane Smile Boutique. Brisbane Smile Boutique assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, suitability, or completeness of any content provided, including but not limited to blog entries, blog comments, content linked to, links, or any other content that may be found on Brisbane Smile Boutique's website, although every effort is made to ensure that it is accurate.
13. All risks of the dental treatment that will be undertaken, will be discussed with the patient at their consultation. It is your responsibility to read and understand all the risks involved.
14. Brisbane Smile Boutique may change the terms of service from time to time, at Brisbane Smile Boutique's sole discretion. Your continued use of this website and its blog following the posting of such changes will constitute your agreement to all such changes. Please periodically visit this section of the site to review the current version of the terms.
15. In order to provide a fair and timely service to all of our patients, we require that patients, who have made a booking time, arrive promptly for appointments. We will always do our best to accommodate late arrivals with the most complete treatment possible in the time remaining. If an appointment time becomes unsuitable for you, we are happy to change it if you provide us with at at least 24 hours notice, and preferably 48 hours. This allows us to schedule in a patient who may be in urgent need of care.
16. Cancellation Policy: When you make an appointment at Brisbane Smile Boutique that time is reserved exclusively for you, and our dental professionals will be prepared ahead of time for your arrival. We do not double book patients and we schedule appointments for one patient, dedicating our resources to that patient for that time slot.
Due to the difficulty in filling last moment cancellations, we respectfully request 48 hours notice for rescheduling of appointments by calling 07 3391 2504.
In our dental practice our days are structured and organised, so that our professional staff are prepared for your treatment when you arrive. Our nursing staff will be checking to ensure that equipment, materials and/or laboratory requirements are on hand and ready, in the weeks/day/s before you arrive, and our dental professionals will be reviewing notes, charts and x-rays on record to ensure that they are on track with your dental health and care. Missed appointments or late cancellations create scheduling problems for other patients and disrupt the flow and efficiency of our practice and staff. In order to keep fees affordable for our patients, efficient use of equipment and personnel is key, with missed appointment creating a loss to us, and to other patients who could have been seen in the time set aside for you.
Please advise us as soon as possible if you cannot attend an appointment, which allows us to offer your appointment to someone else who may need urgent treatment. Other patients will have been unable to book in your appointment time because it will have been held for you. Missed appointments or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will result in a cancellation charge of $100 per hour. If you need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours due to illness, we will waive the fee.
We may request that the cost of dental treatment be charged in advance at the time of making another appointment, if there are several late cancellations.
We are very appreciative of your understanding in allowing our practice to provide a quality dental service to you and to our other valued patients.
17. Warranty on crown and bridge work
Our dentists provide a 5 year limited warranty on porcelain and gold alloy indirect restorations, on condition of the patient attending twice a year for routine 6 monthly dental check-ups and cleans at our practice and bitewing radiographs as advised (012, 114; and 022x2 each 2 years), as well as following advice, preventative care routines, and treatment/s recommended by the dentist. The warranty covers replacement of the same crown restoration without charge, if it failed due to mechanical failures only, for instance if it fractures or debonds. The warranty does not extend to trauma or accident related failures, tooth decay, gum disease, or root canal therapy costs.
The purpose of a dental crown is to protect a fragile tooth from fracture, and porcelain restorations are made in the laboratory and placed to hold a fragile tooth together when there is enough tooth left behind to support it. Fractures and cracks often occur in teeth with large existing restorations, or teeth that are under excessive load as we see in sleep grinders and people who clench a lot.
A crown only deals with the hard tissues of your tooth, a bit like a physical helmet for the tooth to prevent further propagation of cracks and fractures. It does not cure any existing infection and does not restore already damaged dental nerve tissues, and definitely will not cleanse the tooth of an abscess. If a tooth suffers from existing sensitivity or pain prior to having a crown placed on it, it is important to let your dentist know about it as a crown may not be the best option in this situation, and root canal treatment or removal of the tooth may be necessary. An x-ray of the root of the tooth will be taken prior to work to ensure that there is no obvious pathology associated with the tooth prior to crown work, however the nature of disease in teeth can be very complex, and it might be the case that a dental specialist opinion or treatment is required. There are microscopic issues that can occur inside teeth, that can be impossible for any dentist or specialist to see.
18. The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) agrees to assume all financial responsibility for all treatment rendered, and understands that full payment is required on the day of treatment. The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) agrees to cover all costs incurred to recover any fees, including debt collectors and legal fees.
19. Any patient under the age of 18 must have a consenting adult with them on the day of treatment, or have their parent's permission to attend. For Churchie Boarders, the boarding staff and administration typically schedule appointments for boys, and parents are contacted with follow up information, and for payment of account.
20. Brisbane Smile Boutique exercise the right to refuse treatment if aforementioned conditions are not met, or if staff are treated disrespectfully.
21. Our practice is a medical facility and has designated clean and unclean areas. It is important the children are monitored at our practice for their safety. Children are very welcome at our practice, but must be under the care of an adult at all times. In some circumstances, where there are enough staff, we may be able to assist with babies and small children, and every effort and care will be taken, however our dental professionals are focusing on their work foremost, and it may be impossible for us to help in these situations. However we will always try to make the appointment as comfortable as we can, be as helpful as possible, and assist you wherever we can.
22. Our dental professional do not discriminate due to any medical conditions. We are happy to see everyone, however our practice has been established as a dental practice within a heritage listed house, and does not have specific disability access, and there are a number of stairs. We are happy to assist anyone who needs help with the stairs. Please let reception know if you require assistance when arriving.