In order to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this practice is required to collect personal information from you. This information covers basic personal details such as your name, address and telephone number, as well as more personal information such as your medical history. Without this general health picture, the treating dentist or dental hygienist is unable to plan your care properly.
Brisbane Smile Boutique values the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines by the Australian Dental Association, Brisbane Smile Boutique would like to assure you that:
- This information will only be used by the treating dentist or dental hygienist in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment, without your express consent.
- You may seek access to the information held about you by signing a release form.
- Brisbane Smile Boutique will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Brisbane Smile Boutique will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Our staff are trained to respect these principles at all times.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you and hold in your dental records, please do not hesitate to ask us. Brisbane Smile Boutique are intending to act in your interests at all times and we take your privacy very seriously.
What information we collect
The kind of personal information we collect can include your name, contact details, location, gender, and age. We also collect more personal information such as medical history and general health information.
Radiographs and images, comprehensive dental charting are stored in your personal records on our network in a digital format. X-rays taken on film are stored on site at Brisbane Smile Boutique.
How we collect information
We collect information directly from you, including when you:
- Provide us with personal information over the phone or through email;
- Fill out Contact and Medical History Forms at our practice;
- Discuss your medical history with the dentist or dental hygienist; or
- Submit your personal details through our website.
The Brisbane Smile Boutique website and related online services may collect and use information about your computer and how you use our online services. Technology such as cookies and analytics are used to collect this anonymous information. We collect and use this information to:
- understand how visitors use the website;
- Measure the time spent on the website;
- Determine the effectiveness of the navigation options; and
- Record information provided during the visit to streamline subsequent visits.
Why we collect and how we use information
We collect and use your information to:
- Deliver, provide, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments;
- Better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, to personalise and improve our service to you;
- Communicate with you, including appointment reminders, unfinished dental care reminder calls and responding to your queries and complaints;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing;
- Protect against fraud and theft; and
- Maintain and update our treatment records.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our service providers when accessing out IT service providers and systems, and major delivery companies for parcel deliveries;
- Laboratory staff for ceramic work, gold work, mouth guards, splints, Invisalign, dentures, retainers, appliances, models, whitening trays and orthodontic study models where necessary for agreed dental treatment;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies (Medicare and DVA) where applicable
- Health fund providers that you have engaged and notified our practice of to submit claims electronically to via Hicaps
- referrals and reports that are identifying to other medical and dental specialists for treatment if required and agreed upon by you, along with relevant radiographic images and photos of teeth / gums as required
- referrals to x-ray providers with forms issued to you, and presented with your identifying details to x-ray services, when agreed upon by you
- We will request your permission to use before and after photos on our website of cosmetic dental work, and require your verbal consent with photos expressly of teeth and lips. Identifying facial images showing cases on the website are of friends and family.
- Discussions with medical and dental specialist/s where required and agreed upon for your complex treatment care needs.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner.
Your privacy choices
You can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you. Records and x-rays are released to another dental provider at your request and on receipt of a signed records release form.
Queries, Complaints, Access and Correction
You may request not to receive direct marketing communications or active maintenance phone calls, incomplete treatment, reactivation and any emails from Brisbane Smile Boutique by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling us on 07 3391 2504. We will happily assist you with any concern.